Sunday, January 11, 2009

my first xmas



Santa Claus is the most lovable of the Christmas icons and for children especially, this fat old man riding in his sledge is the person who is their absolute buddy. Santa is therefore a recurrent theme of many Christmas poems written for kid and children. Jennie D. Moore's To Santa Claus is a poem, which reads like a letter from a kid to his/her dear pal asking him to bring all "I need". A Gentle Remainder by Allice Rollins is a typical expression of what a child's expects in the same old Christmas every year- a new gift from his mother. The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore is a lovely poem which talks about children's very own old Santa Claus and the eagerness with little ones wait for his arrival on the Christmas Eve.


The beauty and innocence of their mind gets a reflection in the Christmas poems for young Children.

Christmas Children is among the most popular Christmas poems for young children. Children reciting the poem express their love for Christ and wishes happy Christmas to every one present. The poem narrates and defines every single letter of the word "Christmas".


The first child says the letter C stands for Christ who came into this lowly earth. H stands for the harp that greeted Christ on his birth in the earth. The letter R resembles the ringing bells that keep up the mood of the season. I stands for the crystal ice were people go for enjoying sliding during Christmas.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buh-bum.. buh-bum...
Santa baby, just slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby,and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue,
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby,and hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellows that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be just so good
If you check off my christmas list

Santa baby, I want a yacht and really thats not a lot
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa honey, one little thing I really do need, the deed
To a platinum mine,
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex and checks,
Sign your x on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my chirstmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring,
I don't mean on the phone,
Santa baby,and hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry, down......tonight